Water jet

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Wellydeckhand, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Wellydeckhand

Wellydeckhand Previous Member

Hey guys,

I found this beauty sitting landlocked, the owner wanna sell but ask me for the price. I dont know the brand and charactristic of the machine.

Can anybody identify the made and year? How much would she worth to buy second? Is it hard to get parts and reconditioned it?

Thanks

Wellydeckhand

Attached Files:

• Jet1.jpg
      Jet1.jpg
      File size:
      106.3 KB
      Views:
    • Jet2.jpg
      Jet2.jpg
      File size:
      104.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Mayfly

Mayfly Previous Member

Too old, fiberglass need heavy redo... not worthwhile, That my view:)

3. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Salvage in Indonesia

Mayfly, I believe you have probable never been in Indonesia or had to salvage things in the 'third world'. Fiberglass is not the problem here, the jet pump is. Getting spare parts could be the real problem, and it might certainly be more difficult to 'create' those parts verses repair the fiberglass or the engine itself. The jet pumps are tenuous creatures themselves, let alone one that is operating at the bottom of its potential.
    Sorry I don't recognize the brand.
    I'd offer to just take it off their hands, unless they can demonstrate a GOOD sea-trial. I might highly suspect the innards of the jet-pump has problems.

4. Wellydeckhand

Yes... I had a talk already, they must wait for the owner to return in a week time. They say it is working but dont know in what state of workable condition.:)

5. Ari

Ari Patience s/o Genius

Welly..water jet main problem normally is with the pump and the coupling.Normally the internal combustion engine if maintain is not much of a problem..just like other outboard..it is the pump side that hard to get spare parts. If that engine is a Yamaha..than you won't have much problem there..after sales support in Indonesia is very good for this brand.

6. Ari

Ari Patience s/o Genius

What I does'nt understand is why the pump it self protruding out at the back of the transom..normally only the nozzle part protruding out from the transom or tunnel..is the engine had been modified from a big jet ski ?

7. Wellydeckhand

I will check and reply later with better picture in detail.

8. StianM

StianM Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.