IMP structural integrity of larger models

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Keytime, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Keytime

Keytime New Member

Hello,

New to the post here and I exhausted myself looking at the big IMP thread. Great info, but for smaller boats. I'm impressed by all the hard work going on by members out there. :)

I'm looking at a 1992 31' IMP Eleganza. I have a marina telling me to avoid it because IMP used particle board in their structure and they're more susceptible to rot than other boats like Formula. I have a friend with a 1993 version of this boat and I've searched online a bunch for other owner's opinions of this boat, and they all like theirs. Seems like the only bashers are non-owners.

So, can anyone on this site shed some light on this subject? Especially those of you that may have worked at IMP in the past. Feel free to email me.

Thanks!!
    John

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.