Imp Inca drain holes

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by AlexT, Oct 30, 2021.

Tags:
  1. AlexT

AlexT New Member

Hi everyone. New to this forum and new owner of a 1970 Imp Inca cuddy. my question is this, while washing the boat water collects in the step area leading to the cuddy cabin. Are there drain holes somewhere and if so where?
    I know there is a drain inside the cuddy under the center cushion leading to the bilge but nothing for the “floor” or step area. I don’t think water is just supposed to collect there.
    Thanks
    AlexT

2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

Welcome to the Forum Alex.

Here is a link to a thread about Imp boats on here from 16 years ago - it ran for a long time, and takes up 55 (!) pages. If you have some time to spare, maybe grab a beer (or 2) and have a browse through this thread, to see if anybody else has asked these questions before?
    IMP Boats Information https://www.boatdesign.net/threads/imp-boats-information.6227/

Here is a sister ship for sale, for reference, except that this one has one engine rather than two.
    https://boats-from-usa.com/imp/imp-inca-13201

Re water collecting in the step area, I think I would prefer that it just collects there (and then it can be bailed / sponged out) rather than letting it drain into the bilge.
    OK, an electric bilge pump would pump it out fairly quickly if it did drain to the bilge.
    Is the rest of the cockpit above the waterline, with overboard drains in the transom?

3. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.