IMP Boats Information

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by JKE, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Emmett

Emmett Junior Member

Tom, I am not sure what model my IMP is, but I have pics posted up in post #62. If anyone knows what model it is, let me know please. As far as the wireing goes, If it is old and weathered, I would suggest to replace it. I have stripped out the inside of my boat and doing alot of sanding. I am going to try and get it back to the original style. Any suggestions or pics of others would be great. Thank you, Emmett

2. Admin

Admin Administrator

(this reply came in via email from duxback)
    I have a 1974 model Inca hardtop 23'...... here are a couple of pictures of my windows, I hope this will help you a little.....

Attached Files:

3. Utzinger

Utzinger New Member

Boat Windows

Thanks for the info on the boat windows. Those pictures are like the windows in my Iola IMP boat. That sure helped me out. I was thinking it should look like those pictures and now I will get them replaced sometime this week.

Tom Utzinger

4. Utzinger

Utzinger New Member

Boat wiring

Thanks Emmett for the info. I found out today that the boat had been rewired about 3 years ago. Tom

5. huntn2kill

huntn2kill New Member

need info x270si

just bought a IMP x270si 1984 it has 2 350 chevys I/0 need manuals or info on boat. needs a lot of work been sitting 5 yrs in weather. Just cleand up the paint and inside came out nice! It has a water heater but can't find the water holding tank. anyone with info on this model boat please get a hold of me thanks

6. FlBadgers

FlBadgers New Member

My dad used to work as a truckdriver for IMP boats. He says they went out of business right after the oil embargo. He left the company in '77. He can remember that they made pontoons for houseboats in Florida, floating boat docks and "Kadoo" recreational craft. The Kadoo was a six wheel craft that could spin on a dime and go across water.

7. FlBadgers

FlBadgers New Member

Ron

My dad drove truck for IMP. It says the 20 foot was called the Aztec.

16' - Apache
    17' - Navajo
    18' - First called Oceananic, then called Pawnee after a re-design
    The Oceananic had a kind of blunt front end and didn't ride real well.
    20' - Aztec
    23' - Inca

He thinks that after they were bought out, they dropped the Indian names and went to another naming convention.

8. Emmett

Emmett Junior Member

FIBadgers, thanks for the info. Anything else you're dad know could be helpful to someof us. Does he have any old pics or brochures or anything of any of the boats? Thank you, Emmett

9. c172

c172 New Member

86 liberty 250SE

Bought mine new in 86 had it out yesterday! Mine has a 350 in it and the first thing I did was installed a fresh water cooling kit as I use it in salt water.
    The boat followed me down from NJ in 1990.Let me know how your's is doing

Don

10. Emmett

Emmett Junior Member

Mine is in the middle of being restored. Right now everything is out of the interior, and I am doing a lot of sanding, and some fiberglass work. It will be a while before it gets in the water. But when it does, It will look good (I hope). I will post some pics in the next couple of days, showing where I am now, compared to the pics I posted already.

11. earendal

earendal New Member

Im getting a 71 IMP Santee in October. Does anyone have any information on this model of boat?

12. KStearns

KStearns New Member

I would be interested in the material when you have scanned it, and would be happy to reimburse you for the expense.

13. Latch48

Latch48 Junior Member

I have the material scanned and on a CD. It is the parts manual for the 1969 80, 120, 155 and 210 motors and lower unit, and the shop manual for the 210 motor and lower unit. I am sending out today to Mr.'s Shirako, Utzinger and Korom. If anyone else wanted a copy, you probably didn't send me your address. I am asking $5.00 for it, just the cost of the material and mailing expense. If you want a copy, send me your mailing address to larrylachat@hotmail.com. Also, if you have done any work on your own boats, feel free to send me pictures. I am always looking for ideas to do with mine. Does anybody know if there is anyway to convert these over to Hardtops? Mine is a 23' Inca, and I would love to convert it. I am also interested in copies of any other manuals or parts catalogs for any year. Has anyone been able to locate the hull diagrams for the older IMPS?

14. jstcrzyengh

jstcrzyengh Junior Member

Here is a converted pilothouse, not sure the model, I believe it is a 24' though:

Attached Files:

15. Emmett

Emmett Junior Member

Latch48, Thank you, I will be looking for that in the mail.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.