Help What Is This

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by acdf, Sep 23, 2006.

1. acdf

acdf New Member

i purdhased a old alum speed boat aprox 11 to13 ft long , please help me figure who made this and what vintage it is thewilks@shaw.ca

Attached Files:

2. l_boyle

l_boyle ol' can of sardines

It looked so much like a homemade job.. Hard telling who made it.. Since many of those are made from wood. Glen-L sites have many plans on run-a-bouts, speedboats in that size ranges, but mostly fiberglass over wood construction. Here a link to give you an idea http://www.boatdesigns.com/departments.asp?dept=10
    Those pictures that you have here show it is rare find that you got. It is differcult to tell who designed that boat also..

3. acdf

acdf New Member

i,m going to post more pics , but i think this is not a homemade boat , the ribbing on the bottom is way to hard to make you self , i hope it would be rare thats why i bought it . i cannot find any tags on this thing as the previous owner i bought it from was restoreing it. and the young man i bought it from was using it as a fishing boat and painted it with a brush!!!!

4. Toot

Toot Senior Member

I was just about to say that the paintjob looks like cr4p, but I didn't want to insult you!

5. acdf

acdf New Member

more pics ( i need help )

here is some more pics of this boat , i,m trying to find more info . it used to have pully type steering and forward mounted controls. it also has a fin on the bottom ( as seen in one of the pics) the seating and hull looks kinda like chriscraft ( rumble seat in the back)

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.