IMO Initial GHG Strategy and boat design

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by rcfind, Feb 16, 2023.

1. rcfind

rcfind New Member

Hi all

I am new to the forum, and please do delete this if this is not allowed.

I am a final year masters student and I am looking at the maritime industry in relation to the changes needed to achieve the IMO Initial GHG Strategy:

1. At least a 40% reduction in carbon intensity by 2030 and pursuing efforts towards a 70% reduction by 2050, both compared to 2008 levels.
    2. Peak GHG emissions from international shipping as soon as possible and reduce them by at least 50% by 2050 compared to 2008 levels while pursuing efforts towards phasing them out consistent with the Paris Agreement temperature goals.
    3. New phases of the EEDI, to be reviewed within MEPC

I am interested in researching the different strategies and technologies that can be adopted now and into the future to achieve these targets. I do understand that currently these targets only apply to larger vessels, but some industries and individuals adopt similar as either a way to improve their attractiveness to clients, or as a reflection of personal beliefs.

I have a short, anonymous, survey that I would be really appreciative if anyone here could complete, or if you at least had any pointers of good places to send it to that would be really amazing.

Microsoft Forms https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=DQSIkWdsW0yxEjajBLZtrQAAAAAAAAAAAAN__ovJ1MtUNkVaVlhGMlc0V1BBVlNTOE03ODZENloyTC4u

Thanks so much for your time,

Rachael

2. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

Please replace all your initialisms with words people might understand.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.