Images to drool over

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by aussiebushman, Nov 8, 2011.

1. aussiebushman

aussiebushman Innovator

This is a new website I'm currently developing for my sailmaker (guess who is providing the sails for my new trimaran?) The site is still under construction, but the images on this page should get some juices flowing:

http://www.sailtech.com.au/website2011/multihulls.htm

Enjoy

Alan

2. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

====================
    Alan, thanks for that-you're doing a really good job! Let me know when you have the skiff pictures up-I know, I'm greedy.....

3. aussiebushman

aussiebushman Innovator

4. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

5. bad dog

bad dog bad dog

I can't help noticing the parallels between the main on the 18 and a gaff rig: the head seems to be higher than the masthead - or is that an optical illusion?

6. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Some great pics, I like the way the pic changes hen the "mouse hand thing" goes over it. Hey Taralga s is a good spot, been there quite a few times.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011

7. aussiebushman

aussiebushman Innovator

Good question about the head of the sail. It is an optical illusion due to the camera angle relative to the boat. Here is another picture of an F18 taken from a different angle where you can see the head is pretty much horizontal.

I had to cut 400 mm off the mast height and extend the boom by 400 mm also but this sail will be so much better than the original A Class main for my new 22' tri and Ben is making a new headsail to go with it. I have changed the old single spreaders for diamonds to provide better lateral resistance of the mast - an idea along with the calcs I got from the Canadian builder of a Scarab 22.

Re Taralga, I'm actually about 30 km north of there on the Abercrombie river at Jerrong - wonderful place.

Cheers

Alan

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.