I'm to design a canal cruiser that can handle high seas...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by solitaire, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Wow Emerson you really like to tell people what to do don't you.

What was the point of that post. Contributive ? you think.

Let me just explain something to you , this is a world wide forum . People from all walks of life can contribute. It is very likely due to culture or just global situation or lifes experience that you may not agree.

At a mere 18 posts do you think it appropriate to give orders, or to even posts your little likes or dislikes.

2. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

OK guys, let's try to keep the thread on topic, or at least sharing ideas somewhat related to the topic. If anyone wants to fight with someone for the sake of fighting, please take it to email or facebook or somewhere else instead. Thanks.

3. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

Wrong again Frosty
    "Uk canals do not connect between lakes rivers and seas."

Oh yes they do Thames ..Severn.. Avon .. Norfolk Broads to spell just few ..

Frosty is just a Troll ..likes to wind everyone up ...

1 person likes this.
  4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Cheers mate, would have never put you down as a backstabber , but never mind

Cheers mate

Im sure that you will actually be able to name these canals.

5. Emerson White

Emerson White Junior Member

The names of the canals in the UK do not matter. The fact that bigger boats of various sorts do cruise them (as zoo mentioned) kinda does. I suggested that you take personal business to PMs, just like the moderator did. Please stay on subject!

1 person likes this.
  6. Wavewacker

Wavewacker Senior Member

Should we assume that the OP knows where he wants to cruise and that since he put some widths of some areas, that we might consider those widths for his requirements? I'd think so, id someone says they want to go through a canal XX meters wide, who am I to twll him he is wrong????? :D

I do know sailboats don't sail in reverse very well, i'd hate to get 15 mile in and find I can't turn around due to a low bridge....lol

7. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

I think sailboats that use canals have a system of lowering and raising the mast that makes it very simple and quick, not too much more complicated or time consuming than anchoring.

8. KasRob

KasRob Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.