Illegal connectivity error in Ansys AQWA

Discussion in 'Hydrodynamics and Aerodynamics' started by Hamza Asif, Apr 11, 2024.

1. Hamza Asif

Hamza Asif New Member

Hi,

I am a beginner to Ansys AQWA and performing a hydrodynamic simulation for floating spar platform but i have recieved an error while solving the simulation setup for pressures and motions result.
    Error description: ILLEGAL CONNECTIVITY. Element 18882 is joined to element 25371 and element 27404.

I need some help if anyone has experienced this error or know how to resolve this.
    Your help would be highly appreciated. Picture is attached for your reference.

Attached Files:

2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Can you define what are the elements used in question at: 18882, 25371 and 27404

3. Hamza Asif

Hamza Asif New Member

are you talking about element types? if yes then I used tetrahedron elements with a global meshing of relatively smaller size 0.05meters.

4. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Are all 3 elements noted above, the same element type?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.