this is the most unusal design for a small boat?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by billy91, Jun 9, 2009.

1. billy91

billy91 New Member

hello everyone i have had this thought in my head now for 4 years when i was 14 i was on holiday and i just got a mini moto and i thought why not use one of these engines like a jet ski does on a small boat.

i then drew up a few designs and i thought it seems like it would work but its just how do i start so i tried looking about for a wood boat i had no luck.

so now i have thought that i would try and construct the lot out of fibreglass and wood and then take out the wooden frame work from the fibreglass shell but leave the structual ones.

also now that i have grown up i have relised that a 50cc engine wont move the boat at all and you might as well just get oars. i relised this when i got a seadoo jetski with 800cc it seemed to struggle some times.

i have just downloaded rhino and am going to try and make some designs so you lot can say if it is worth it.

i would like to know what is the smallest size width and length i could do i know that a point at the front will help with speed and flow of water into the tunnels to the propellers

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

You have a tool that can help you draw it, but this isn't what you need. You need the skill set and understanding of what to draw, which requires considerable study.

A quick tip, yes a pointy end on the front is quite helpful, but not always necessary. You might want to try a few books on yacht design.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.