Building an Elco

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Edgewater, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Edgewater

Edgewater New Member

I want to talk to a builder about building an Elco 26' to the original design. I remember reading somewhere that there's a builder in the Great Lakes area who has the design and can build either traditional plank on frame or cold-molded. I might have read that here a while ago, but I can't find him now. Anyone know who he is?

I was told that it's more cost effective to build two boats at the same time – shared setup costs, etc. Is this true? If so, how do I find another person who wants to have the same boat built?

2. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

3. John Riddle

John Riddle Junior Member

Edgewater:

We are a custom builder in Ohio and are now bidding a new build to the Elco 26 design. I'd be happy to discuss your project if you'll contact me at the address below. And if you discover how to find like-minded clients, I'd love to know!

And thanks to Tad for thinking of us!

4. hdlarsson

hdlarsson New Member

Edgewater,

I might be able to help out with another quote- maybe even another Elco 26 client.

You can contact me at hdlarsson@yahoo.com

5. Edgewater

Edgewater New Member

Forgot to follow up. Thanks. It was John Riddle I was looking for.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.