Identify boat hull manufacturer

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by tony42, Nov 22, 2006.

1. tony42

tony42 New Member

Hi all, i received this pre 1970's fibre glass hull a short time ago, and after repairing it and giving it a new paint job, i released it onto the water. I soon began to wonder exactly what brand of boat it was. I've searched all over the internet in hopes of identifying his boat but have had no success. I am posting some photos of the boat and i was hoping some one could help me to identfy the manufacturer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

looks like you have done very nice work ,,,,,,,,,longliner

3. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Egad, it looks vaguely familiar.... but the last boat similar to that I saw had no manufacturer's info either. Nice work though, looks really good. Well done :)

4. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

by the way is that the new 4 stroke mercury?

5. tony42

tony42 New Member

Thanks for the reply

Hi Longliner.
    Thanks for your reply to my post. My 19yr old son wrote the initial post for me as I wasn't sure of how to go about it. Hull was given to me to dispose of or keep by a work collegue. I kept it and bought the 2005 Mercury a year ago. Its the 2 stroke model. I bought it because of the deal the guy gave me.
    Paint and marine carpet plus seats,trailer etc and the family floats cheap.
    Thanks for the positive feedback.
    tony42

6. tony42

tony42 New Member

Thanks for positive reply.

Hi marshmat.
    Appreciate your comments. Its got me well and truly beat who made this thing. My closest guess is its an old Pongrass as the shape of the hull at the back almost matched an ancient Pongrass runabout in a dealership at Lake Maquarie.The guy who gave it to me said it was an old rental boat but he couldnt tell me much more. Anyway its a nice cheap way to get my kids and I out and about. Thanks again.
    tony42

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.