Ideas/Help

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Millrtme, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Millrtme

Millrtme New Member

Hello, I am a newbie here and have a few questions. I have dabbled in rc sailboat design slightly and have made some pleasing hulls. My new project is to make a scale (sailable) RC model of a Transpac 52. I have a set of drawings that I got from FARR and I would like to get that design transferred into FreeSHIP so I can adjust the lines so that the displacement isn't all out of whack. ANy ideas on how to do this? I tried placing them as a background, but it was just to crazy trying to get everything to match since there are soo many lines for both the FreeSHIP model as well as the design drawings. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. I guess my last resort would be to create an offset table from the drawings but that also would be extremely time consuming. Thanks again.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.