icemaker for my boat any.. recomendations

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by oinkjackson, Aug 16, 2007.

1. oinkjackson

oinkjackson Junior Member

hi. i want to buy an icemaker for my boat (old 50 ft boatel houseboat) i keep it at lake powell and its usually around 100 degrees most of the summer. i figure i spend over 100 bucks a week on ice.. and its also a pain in the butt to run to the marina store in the skiff almost daily to buy more ice. i was hoping to find a machine that will make ice quickley. i dont want to have the generator running all the time so i was thinking i could fire it up for an hour or so and whip out some ice for the day. is that possible or is it more time consuming? also can anyone recommend a reliable generator thats not to noisey? right now i have a really noisey 3000 watt cummings tools gas generator. i dont need alot of electricty as i have propane lights on boat ...1000 watt generator would do.or whatever it takes to push the icemaker.. also would like it to have dc charging capability.......thanks in advance

2. harlemriverman

harlemriverman Senior Member

Sunpentown IM-100 Ice Maker
    $160 us. will pay for itself in 2-weeks at your rate of use.

3. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Honda generators are quite.

At $2 a bag that would be 7 bags a day. That is a hell of alot of ice! Maybe a better insulated cooler, or really good built in ice box would be more economical.

Stay cool out there.

Take care.

Tim