Lamination schedule and question about mat sheets

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by S17665, Aug 15, 2016.

1. S17665

S17665 Designer

Hi Guys !
    I am studying about lamination schedule for a motor boat of 19 ft . Have you got some example as reference ? What is the right value of light mat sheet after the gel coat of 0.8 mm ? I am thinking about 100 gr/m2 but i have seen that someone uses directly 300 gr/m2 is it correct ? What could be the issue to use or not use a light mat after the gelcoat .
    Also why use 2 mat of 300 gr/m2 rather then 1 of 600 gr/m2 to avoid waste ,resin accumulation and best adherence to hull surface ?
    Thank you so much in advance for your support :). Have a good day !

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

3. S17665

S17665 Designer

Hi TANSL thank you so much for reply and for your precious tips have you got some reference plan? What do you think about the use of 225 g/m2 for the first layer on hull due lifting strakes geometry ? Have a good day !!!

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I think the radio that can be achieved by bending a MAT 300 may be sufficient. You do not need sharp edges such as knives, if that's what you mean.

5. Capt Drake

Capt Drake Junior Member

If its not to much to ask can you forward the information that TANSL provided, i will very much like to know what his suggestions were. Thank you...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.