I think Ive made resin mistake

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Frosty, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

What!!! the reason I cut it apart was to get out failed sealing products, I aint putting nothing in,--my other bikes dont have nothing and the Thais dont use nothing, soooo Im not using nothing.

Surprisingly there is no rust in there and it is a 87 bike, Suzi 1400.

I cant see how I can post a pick --its tacked up again now and Im going out in a minute to find a tank welder after I take the drivers seat out of the pick up.

If I can get it done today I could be riding with the "Black sheep" Fri, Baaaa, Ive given up with the "mad dogs" theres only 4 of them.

Black sheep could be 150.

Turning up at the gas station across from Tescos with 150 bikes waiting is a sight Ille tell yer, You gotta get off and look tough and I don't have any though stickers on my arms and I usually ride in pink schoffon shorts and string vest.

2. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Better not do it at all! Any one of those cylinders would be sufficient! But there's nothing wrong in using a bevel gear; however it would have been better to use shaft final transmission instead of a chain - BMW figured that out almost a century ago!

3. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

Very right Terry :)

BMW's bevel gear make sense but they have it in a different place as what I called bad engineering, so I wasn't talking about BMW.

The one I was talking about has a bevel gear and a chain as you have noticed....

[​IMG]

‘‘Bad engineering, it needs a bevel gear where it isn't nessesary’’ It's the place and not the bevel gear itself that I called bad...

Some designs (pic - pic) have a configuration that needs two bevel gears to get a drive shaft, that's bad engineering too . . :eek:

Cheers,
    Angel

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

These engines a a copy of a air craft engines. They are far too small for an aircraft. They are made in Australia by a company that made model aero engines and where asked to make something a bit bigger but not that big that can go in a motorcycle.

I just give the magazine back to my neighbour yesterday.

Apparently it starts with the usual rotary spit, bang, cough and then settle in to run smooth as though god just walked in the door and said make this engine run smooth.

Not my words but the magazine.

Its the side torque that I would be worried about compared to the in line job with the ugly belt drive covers.

Oh duh--tank welded, 18 dollars, in filler, will paint tomorrow, a beautifull dog **** brown ,--I love that colour

5. ancient kayaker

Oh, I don't know. One would look cool on an ultralight!

I would let my dogs know someone appreciates that color, but I'm afraid it would inspire them to even greater efforts ...

1 person likes this.
  6. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

The magazine from Frosty's neighbour is wrong. Those are aircraft engines for the home built and kit airplane market from which the 7 cyl is ocasionally used on bikes. See the prop specs at the engine specs and the video links at the bottom of the pages.... They are to heavy and to powerfull for ultralights.

Rotec 7 Cyl 110HP and Rotec 9 Cyl 150HP

The first one is on the above pictured bikes (pic and vid).

Right Frosty, the ones in the vid are ugly . . :eek:

Cheers,
    Angel

7. ancient kayaker

- they are too heavy and bulky for motorbikes IMHO but I like Small ...

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Im gonna ask for the magazine back tomorrow,-- when he gets up.

I knows what I read. I could be wro wrooo wroo