Didi 26

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Alexandre, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Alexandre

Alexandre New Member

Hello,

My name is Alexandre and I live in Quebec and I want to build a boat but would like your opinion on the model that could be appropriate for me.

I want a model kit available
    boat trailer
    with retractable keel
    I is not much of manufacturing experience (I just made ​​a kayak SG)
    and I want to use my boat to sail with the kids.

The model that I find most interesting is the Didi 26 of dixdesign
    When you think of?

Thank you for your answer future
    Alexandre

2. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Hi thats one cool looking boat !! 26 Feet is a nice size and should be easy to sail ! The slide /drop bulb keel is a good feature and makes it trailerable Having had a simular kind of boat from years back i'd be looking at a electric winch system to raise and lower with ,The weight could be slow going with a hand winch . Easy to fit stop switchs for up and down If you are having a out board auxilary with a electric charging circut / could also insert a couple of Solar panels in the cabin top and one in the main hatch to top up the battery/s while saling ,also used for lighting etc etc .:D

3. dzon

dzon New Member

Alexandre, I am also looking at starting on a similar project and will probably go with the Didi 26. The other one I am considering is the VG23 from Jacques Mertens. Both Jacques and Dudley design very good sailboats and support their builders extremely well.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.