I need help on a bayliner 17' 40th Anniversary 1700

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by PROLIFIC, May 18, 2006.

1. PROLIFIC

PROLIFIC New Member

I just recieved this boat in shambles as a project boat for free. We have replaced the floor and sides that were dry rotted. The steering wheel really needs to be replaced. I need to know the tapered shaft size?? I figured it was 3/4 but my buddy told me that this is the ultimate forum for help on boats thats why I am here asking you guys for some help. So if any of you have access to the specs on this boat anywhere on the net that help would be greatly appreciated. Also the corner seats are SHOT. I bough some for the middle of the boat that were easy to find but have been unable to find the corner seats anywhere. I was considering getting them redone but they are pretty bad so I didnt know if there was a place I could by replacement ones for a decent price. The only other thing that is wrong is the dash is just really faded and cracked so if you know a site/store I can order a new dash from that would be great!!! Thanks for any help you can provide. I look forward to your replys.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.