I Need Help Identifying a Boat

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by briancleo, Jun 13, 2009.

1. briancleo

briancleo New Member

I recently purchased a little 16 ft trihull that I really love. The only ID is a little plaque that says Fish-N-Ski Tarpon Springs FL. the serial # is 15A497.

I can find no other info. Can anyone help?

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Hi Brian,

If that's the only ID you can find, the hull probably dates back to the '50s or '60s, before the HIN (hull identification number) became standard. The HIN, if there is one, would be on the starboard corner of the transom, possibly also on the inside of the transom in that area.

The "cathedral" tri-hull shape was quite popular in that era. (I very much doubt you have a true trimaran.) Huge numbers of 15 to 20 foot runabouts were built with hulls like this. They don't tend to be rough-water boats, but large numbers of them are still in active service all over the place. Owners seem to think they're pretty versatile, and quick enough to please most folks.

3. edjunior

edjunior Senior Member

Can you post pictures? Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.