I need a boaty name for our new dog...

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by bntii, Jan 11, 2011.

1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

2. bntii

bntii Senior Member

OK, it's official.

May I introduce

'Redlions Weatherdeck Schooner'

[​IMG]

Thanks all and Par for suggesting Schooner early on.

She will join the rest of the crew including the rescues that pass on through from time to time.

[​IMG]

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Good name. Give her a chorizo!

4. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

zounds, all those hounds....

5. viking north

viking north VINLAND

My choice would have been, FAIRLEAD as in fair maden, in old english fair is an adjective to enhanse most things feminine, fair maiden, fair lady and so on. Then theres the word lead, well females have been leading us males around by the nose for eternity, Adam, Oh Adam , I have this tasty fruit for you.Man those Chesapeakes look like Labs front on, which of course in reality the base breed is the St. Johns Water dog. Then again there could be a connection since Lord Baltimore used his Newfoundland base colony Ferryland, to start the Baltimore colony in Maryland.The Baltimore city coat of arms show a fisherman and a native indian.The fisherman represents the human toil of the Newfoundland fishermen and women of his Ferryland colony that enabled him to start the Baltimore colony. The native Indian represents the goodwill of the local native tribe that allowed his colony to prosper. Wonder how many Newfoundlanders he intised to do likewise, A high percentage of the colony i bet. Geo.

6. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

SCHOONER is a top name for a dog, around here it's a glass/size for delicious amber liquid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: http://www.google.com.au/imgres?img...iubUH&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.