I Love Boats And Building The F'in Things Too...

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Sean Herron, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

What a pleasure this week has been - plonked onto one of the best designed and best built welded aluminum fish killers I have ever seen...

A Striker by Thomas De Goot - this is going to be a hot boat - and a very interesting build and fit out...

However - who ever did the interior blasting for primer forgot to cover the primary fuel tanks...

I hope that mother ended up as pizza on the grill of a Mack truck...

My best face forward - anyone got a match...

Every picture tells a story...:)

CHEERS...

SH.

Attached Files:

2. Meanz Beanz

Meanz Beanz Boom Doom Gloom Boom

We have that same salute down here.... who'd thunk it!

3. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

4. Sean Herron

Time and Money...

Hello...

I just do these things for shits and giggles - the day job wears me out most times - as you can see - the skinny guy gets the holes...

If I ever have enough time and energy to actually build something out of MY head I will have to assume that I have died and gone to heaven...

SH.

5. clodgo

clodgo Senior Member

"shits and giggles"

I do it to keep myself from drinking too much, and to piss off Dmitri ;]

Chris

6. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

??????? Have I perchance wandered onto the Drivel thread?

7. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

around in ten

Hey Sean

i like your September Fool AiT

i have posted on AiT that i will look at building a marine ply and epoxy boat for a local = South African that would be interested in going around.

i can sponsor & finance the building of the boat = hull and deck = marine plywood and epoxy and get it to our nearest port = Durban

BUT

are you interested in doing the drawings?
    i will build

"our" contestant should be "interviewed" on open forums like this = good for open discussion - and he/she/it must also look for additional sponsorships to pay for everything that will go into and onto the boat

dont tell me - i know lots and lots and lots of problems and questions - bring it on - what can i say

i will build the boat
    you draw

could be fun hey:D
    209 days to go

give me drawings in 30 days = 170 days to go
    i build 60 days = 110 days to go for sea trials
    fu3k knows how we get the boat to the start point
    maybe some other nut comes on board

keep it simple
    cheap? fast build?
    and it could be done
    find a participant / captian of the ship
    fu3k knows

8. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

can i post if i hate boats but love to build them,,,err,,,was that,,,i love boats but hate to build them,,,im confused,,,,,,,mus be "meds" time,,hehe ;)

9. Sean Herron

You Are All Mad...

Hello...

If I was 22 again - I might consider it - but drawing something up as a third party without a 'stupid F'ck' waiver would raise a few liability issues that I am not insured to pay for...

I am all for those mad mucks putting to sea in creations of their own will - but I cannot involve myself for the above reason - I love my new truck - I love my hardwood floor - I love a hot bath without other men wandering in past the fat gaurd who likes Snickers bars - asking me if I have any smokes while I clean my gunnies...:)

The computer says NO - as for September Fool - it was just a crack at standing headroom in ten feet - came out at 3800 lbs displacement - hell - if you could sink it to its lines and get it to move - I imagine the hard part would be getting the damned thing to stop...:)

Thank you though - I can post some further ideas - did you see the PUG 10...

Re rig that and it would qualify...

Got to upload some pics of my new tow vehicle for Much...

Cheers...

SH.

10. Sean Herron

Stupid...

Hello...

A naive couple walks into an art gallery and stands puzzled in front of a painting of three naked black men sitting on a bench - the trouble is that the middle man has a pink ***** - the curator of the gallery offers up a fantastic explanation for the painting using the white subjugation of Afro Americans and blah blah blah - then this drunk *** Scott comes up to them and says - you rally wanz ta now watz tis about - they challenge him - you are drunk - how can you interpret this better than the curator of this gallery - well blast yus - he replies - I bees ta artist - what you see here is three Scottish coal miners and the bloke in the middle went home for lunch...

SH.

1 person likes this.
  11. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

hahahahaaa :):)

12. Sean Herron

Much - 3200 Lbs Tow...

Hello...

SMOOTHIE...:)

I am happy again - give me 5 minutes - I am sure I can find something to piss me off...:)

Dual suicides on XT - dual fills - SS exhaust - Leer hard bed cover - Alpine 8 speaker...

Once again - sorry - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwIGZLjugKA ...

I was listening to U2 - alone - on the way home - 'a sort of homecoming' or 'bad' - I am sorry - but I think I shed a tear of joy - but I still felt manish...:)

The U2 anthem - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPyhYczii8I - kept me going for two decades...

**** I feel old - but I am happy to be so - live and learn - you just get one chance at all this ****...

SH.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.