I know its yellow but it grows on you

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by gary1, Jan 16, 2007.

1. gary1

gary1 Senior Member

Evening
    I have asked quite a few questions about several boat building procedures eg understanding lamination schedules, scarfing plywood and most likely some more that I have forgotten about. Anyway they were all leading up to me making a start on building this boat which I hope to do in about 3 weeks.Australian Naval Architect Brett Murrie aka RAW designed it for me. I have to give it to him, I set him in my total ignorance of boat design a fairly tall order of what i wanted and he was able to set me straight on a lot of things and ended up giving me exactly what I was after design wise.
    Just some specs- 22ft long, beam 7ft, deadrise 12%,120lt under deck fuel tank,self draing deck, full length wide chines .Designed to comply with the build standards as set out in AS 4132 parts 1&3 I'm still trying to work that one out.
    It's going to be built using the Stitch n Glued method. After looking at it for a while I worked out I should be able to knock it over in about 3 months. But as my wife said with me stopping for beer breaks it will more than likely take me closer to 7 to 12 months she's a very insightfull women.
    Once again thank's again Brett for your'e patience when dealing with me but mate your'e choice of colour's that's another topic in itself.
    Stay Safe
    Gary

Attached Files:

2. im412

im412 Junior Member

hi gary
    i think we exchanged emails [jackwaau@yahoo] re:your boat and putting pic on a forum
    do you have another image of its under water lines?

it looks a fine craft and i wish you all the best with your labour of love

3. gary1

gary1 Senior Member

G/Day IM412
    No sorry I don't at this stage
    Gary

4. raw

raw Senior Member

It seems I've been outed.

Glad you are happy Gary. Hope to see some progress reports soon.

Brett

PS, What colour would you like it to be.....I happen to like the yellow. :)

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.