I just realised I'm rich....

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by troy2000, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Well, we already had sushi, tuna, frosty, obesity, catamarans, Bangkok etc going with this "feel good" thread....:confused:
    Would be interesting what will be next, maybe someone can raise an issue about some topless dancers or drag queens for more diversity, maybe a pic or two to sustain such an argument:D

2. goodwilltoall

goodwilltoall Senior Member

Memorandum: Not worth time discussing anything when some have "virtual facts" as basis for advancing a belief.

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

A topless drag queen would solve both at once. You know, two birds and a stone thing.

4. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Yeah, well, more or less the same stuff that appear from time to time on threads dealing with any other topic. :p

5. watchkeeper

watchkeeper Previous Member

Thou does protestith to much me thinks for one that claims innocence of such matters.

As to your threats, now your revealing your true colours Frosty so understand I recently visited a shipyard in Thailand to review due diligence in prep for a project and I shall be back soon, we can meet up somewhere quiet. However if your attempting in simular vein to your bully type posts to threaten or intimidate me first you're trying on the wrong guy secondly your going to have to do a lot better and third, 'expat' don't loose sight of the fact you live there and a word in certain places...

6. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

It appears there has now been a jab and counter-jab; please let's move on and please take any further jabs, threats, or insults to some other site and let's please not go further with jabs or insults on the public forums here. That's not what this site should be about. Thanks for your understanding.

7. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Apology accepted. But not necessary since I don't take opinions personally, water off a ducks back. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, doesn't mean i agree with it though.

8. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

There is a very severe anti ********* campaign in Thailand of which im sure you are aware. Your light rhetoric and jokes of it are not commensurate with a man of the standing you claim

I am a sincere part of it and being here for 23 years my residence here is well known by customs and Immigration, I am not an official or do I live here on a meager pension.

I have nothing more to say to you except I hope your more intelligent than your written word.

9. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

It appears there has now been a jab and counter-jab; please let's move on and please take any further jabs, threats, or insults to some other site and let's please not go further with jabs or insults on the public forums here. That's not what this site should be about. Thanks for your understanding.

10. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Mr. moderator you are indeed a very patient man -- "vile" best describes where this thread has gone to. Sad as it's theme was one of great reflection, sadly missing in much of todays society, "Dispite all the storms, here we are in a comfotable harbour" With that boating aspect to my post I sign off. Reflect gentlemen Reflect and be thankful. --- Geo.

A yacht is not defined by the vessel but by the care and love of her owner ---

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I could not agree with you more Viking, your gentle words touch the hearts of all of us, yes----vile and maybe even pathetic is the word indeed.

12. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Quoted form only post#6 in this tread.

Prophetic words Troy. Pity it turned dark.

That said, when one start a thread, it would have been nice if there was a feature available where one can "lock out" certain posters you do not want to muddy the topic at hand when posting the thread.
    That way one can sort of moderate your own thread in a small way, although it is impossible to stop all trolls but next time one knows better. If the "un wanted" is locked out on posts, they will probably get a message to change their ways or post elsewhere.

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Oh I forgot to tell you Troy I read in the newspaper today something that has made me feel better, not rich or proud but at least I can now protect my home. England has overturned an old law that said kicking the hell out of an intruder in YOUR house would land you in jail . Now you can retaliate like the Americans can.

It always was a silly law thinking that the police can handle it when infact they now can not.

It would see it as a step in the direction of arming yourself and will certainly affect the thoughts of young brutes with no respect of property and ownership.

I believe other laws are on the list for re consideration and finally giving consideration to victims rather than criminals.

14. rxcomposite

rxcomposite Senior Member

The flight from General Santos (the tuna capital of the Philippines) to Japan stops over in Manila to unload passengers. They say the airplane is so loaded with frozen tuna cargo that the passenger's freight is extra revenue. The cargo is in itself enough to pay for the trip.

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I don't understand you Wynand. I appreciate that right now at this moment you are locked into your safe house with a wall of cement surrounding you locking out your interpretation of bad.

This may be necessary, maybe not but this is not a normal way of life for most people and to be honest locking things out makes you different . What you have to be careful with is that it does'nt make you too different that you don't think so different that you don't fit in any more.

When you have a party at your house do you not bother with invites just send don't come letters to some you don't want to be there.

We are all human beings we all speak English , the various ways of accepting a post and making one is so variable its what it is about.

Am I the only one that sees it this way. Its not just words on the screen but words on the screen of a man that live thousands of miles away, his answer may be bizzare, but that what it is. The internet took over ham radio where people would talk to people with totally different lives at the other side of the world. One did not do this to find a common thought but to find diversity.

Why do people here not expect that. Yes ok Im a bit inflammatory but surely you can see that as play --I want to know you --to bring you out. I want to see what makes you tick.

Grow a pair and play back. Does'nt need to get aggressive and its not me that does. How can I possible expect to find a common ground and how can you expect to find one.

Its a global forum--thats people from ALL over the world not just USA of A

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.