I just realised Im blessed...

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wynand N, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

I wonder how many friends and foe on this forum can make the following claim?

01st July this year I was married for 34 years to the same lady which make me feel like a king.

Every morning since my first day of marriage I get waken up by my lady with breakfast in the bed. Always something decent like the egg, bacon, fried tomato and toast thing, super omelets with magic fillings, porridge etc.
    Even when we had some argument or bad vibes between us that is seldom (and usually one sided), I still get my coffee with only sandwiches, but hey, it is still breakfast in the bed.
    The only exception is when we have visitors (but still get my coffee in bed) or are on holiday when I treat her to some hotel luxury.

Furthermore, every so often she would pamper me with delicacies and sweets, fruit between meals. So much so that I actually nearly doubled my weight over the 34 years....
    Never had she shouted or used bad language on me, and when I get pissed about something, she will not respond but goes into silent mode...

And my 4 year old grandson could not have asked for a better granny - she will wrestle with him, swim with him and simply adore the little one.

In short, that is a private part of my life now public and I surely can thank the lord to have blessed me with such a women on my side. I am blessed.

After awhile one accept such actions as the norm and think every guy gets the same. Troy's tread about his moment of enlightenment at a fast food joint awoke some guilt in me and made me ponder about things one take for granted.
    Think the time has come to return the favour and start treating the missus like a queen. Time is really a precious commodity at this stage in one's life to make good to others, moreso to loved ones.

1 person likes this.
  2. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I'm 63 years old, and the only woman in my life who's ever rolled out of bed to cook breakfast for me was my mother. My wife Cindy is a good woman, but she isn't into mornings. Nor were any of my earlier women.

And if Cindy ever went into silent mode when she was mad at me, I'd get her down to the local urgent care clinic in a heartbeat.... she's what you'd call a strong communicator.:p:p

Not that I'm complaining; she tends to be pretty demonstrative when she's happy with me, too.

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Wynand , you are a lucky man, so after 34 years, what the hell have you been waiting for? Someone give her Troy's wife's cell number please . . .

4. Wynand N

Heavens forbid:!: Silence is golden:D

5. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Shudder.

6. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I wouldn't do that; Cindy would probably be a bad influence. Even my mother wound up agreeing with her: "if I had it to do over again, all those stinky men and boys could get up and cook their own **** breakfasts.":p

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  7. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Wynand, that was - for me - a very thought provoking post! Every morning my lady gets woken up with breakfast in bed - egg, hot or cold cereal, toast and (my home-made) marmalade, OJ - all the usual stuff. And when WE have visitors it’s usually her two sisters, and I get them breakfast in the bed too. It’s starting to look like she is blessed. Oddly enough, I feel I am too. Now guys, don’t go and spoil the illusion . . .

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  8. goodwilltoall

goodwilltoall Senior Member

Time is always precious, young or old. From the sounds of what youre saying you should have been returning the favor from day one.

Glad to hear you have a wonderful wife, she reminds me of the woman in Proverbs 31 and also the bride of The Christ.

9. goodwilltoall

About the closed premonition thread but related to this blessed thread.

During days of youth, thought of black people as an enemy or at the very best to be wary of them because of the stark contrast in skin color. With time and exposure that attitude has changed. Even after having lived in the land of America amoungst the white people for centuries they have different ways of approaching life.

Some dont like it but, overall black people are a blessing. They have introduced new styles for designing cars, clothes, music, food, language, worship, etc... Not aware of any famous black boat designers but give it time. They have brought out original and unique prespectives to our way of life and enhanced it for the better.

Without a doubt, they were treated horrendeously for centuries but hope the Judas goats teaching revenge and leading them to live off subsistence rather than working fail. Eventually that way will come to an end because its unsustainable, two different paths to tread will be offered and hope they choose the right one and are wise enough to avoid the civil destruction your country seems headed for.

Wondering if you consider yourself Afrikaneer? Seems like the corporate government alliance has turned you guys against each other. Fredrick Douglas wrote it as "muh masta's the richest of all the plantation ownas and wez got all the best hauses, other slave says "but muh masta the smautest of them all, youz can tell he really caez fo us folk. You were thought of as the worst kind of nigga if you ever thought of leaving the plantation.

10. Wynand N

Pity though, but as the saying goes; "small things amuses small minds" :rolleyes:

This thread is about "goodwill and being blessed and want to keep it that way before we will have the same issue here as with the Premonition thread, but as a gentleman I will answer you in a few sentences and will not go into discussion thereof, rather raise your questions to my email or PM me so we can discuss it like adults without interruption of the unsavory kind...

I am an Akrikaner and proud of my heritage and culture. I have no issues with black people and have many of them in my circle of friends. Having said that, the majority of Africans are still way behind the black people say for instance USA whom are exposed and living with the white population a long time. They are past witchdoctors etc where a bulk of Africans still believe in such things and have a totally different outlook on things than you and I. It is not a question whether I and other white are superior than blacks, no sir, it is a cultural and social thing you will find all over the world..:)

No the Afrikaner is still united and we have a lot of black brothers which also want the current government gone and out. Over and out on the issue.

By the way, feel blessed you are living in a decent country with mostly decent people and government. For that I envy you:)

11. goodwilltoall

Admire the Afrikaneer heritage. Lacking full comprehensive knowledge of the history, it still seems the past white leaders of the country ruined SA,(no justification for the current regime), the ideals your forefathers fought for eventually turned around and from your own words, you are now basically a pauper, worked a lifetime and now living off a pitance.

You and your black brothers should at this current time be working together and recieving the blessings of the land. Contrary to that, through your own faults, as the Scripture describes "you despised your birthrights and sold your inheritance for a mess of stew", and rather than the head, you've become the tail, hanging around the back end.

If you want to turn things around, first admit to the situation of what you've become and ask God to allow a healing, and strive for justice as both peoples have rights to standing upon the land. Otherwise as Scripture teaches, , the land will spew you out.

As here in America, your religeous leaders have spurned the true teaching of Scripture, with the results of the sheep in society having lost thier blessings and liberties and, the most brutish and vile creatures having become the rulers.

Repent and believe on the Lord, Jesus the Christ and you and your household shall be saved.

12. Wynand N

Amen brother....

But you are totally off topic here and stepping on religious grounds which is not permitted on this forum and of which I do not want to get involved with for the simple fact that I agnostic...
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I will see if I can get brother Percy Sledge to sing for you "My Special Prayer" :)

Again, please stick to the topic and spirit of this tread and do not feed troll(s) wanting reason to close this down.
    I believe a better place to preach your gospel is your local church where you would have a better appreciative audience.

Good will to you too :cool:

13. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

is this a boat design website or what

14. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

Non-boating threads are common enough and are tolerated subject to courtesy, although there seems to be a spate of moderator-termination of threads like this one lately. I hope this thread can continue for a little while longer . . .

15. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Blessings come in many forms.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.