i hope to make wakeboard boat by my self.

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by watersportFreak, Nov 2, 2007.

1. watersportFreak

watersportFreak Junior Member

but i don't have much money and then i have an idea to made it by my self.
    ok i let you know this is my hobby and i think it should be fun if we ride on my own boat that i'm built it. :)

now i'll start to learn the basic, first i'll build the small and easy fishing boat only hull ( no top ) and after that i'll try to build my dreams. :rolleyes:

but i have some question to ask about fiber building.

first question : how to build the mold , yes i think i know a bit fiber work but if i want to creat my own original hull how to do that ? what is normal way of boat builder to make original hull for first molding ?
    is it strange if i'll make the structure with pile wood and coat it with epoxy and sand it to my design shape ? i think this way can do for small boat but when i want to made quite big ? kind of 20f.-25f. boat ? how to creat the original hull for molding ?

second question : I want to make some kind of not popular ( wakeboard boat ) who i should know about hull and detail of this kind of boat, because i think wake board hull is quite diference from normal power boat or fishing boat , if you have anything to advise me please share.

Thank.

Attached Files:

2. mongo75

mongo75 Senior Member

I would advice checking out this webiste www.glenl.com and do some research on "cold molding" it's where you build a frame, then cover theframe with ply or closed cell foam, and then glass and totally finish the bottom. You then flip the hull, cut out the fram supports, and then glass the interior and design your own layout. Building a boat from scratch isn't easy, but it is definitely rewarding!

3. zacksmith14

zacksmith14 New Member

i was asking the same question if u could help me out if you know and i want to kno how to post threads cause i cant figure it out

4. ratrace2

ratrace2 Senior Member

how to post a thread: OK

when you open the forums, you will see a little button that says "start thread" just click it and enter a title..and ask your question:)
    Sorry, click "new thread".....
    for example: go to fiberglass and composte boat building....and you see "new thread" button. Just click it to start a new thread

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.