What have you done this weekend...?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wynand N, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

My foreman Rudie and yours truly went on a little hunting expedition Saturday:cool: Plenty booze, fun and friendship. We shot two "Bles Bucks" and Rudie posing proudly with the day's catch. Mine is on the right.

Both buck are completely cut down and made into biltong and droewors. or in Yankee lingo; Jerky and dried sausage.
    A typical sunset at our host's farm.

Johan, if you are reading this, on behalf of Rudie and myself, thanks for a super day and the two great presents:cool: Sorry we could not stayed for the big Braai...and Castles of course.

Attached Files:

2. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

Wow, way cool, Wynand! Brought back the unique South African spirit I miss so much.

Being in the UK, I just sat indoors out of the rain and watched telly. :D

3. Butch .H

Butch .H Senior Member

Wynand! Blesbok? Met 'n kettie geskit?. Ons gaan hierdie mannd Mkuzi toe vir in paar Kudus . Laat weet of jy saam kom
    Groete Butch

4. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

yea ,,what he said ,,and I cut the grass and went to work ,,storms,,,,glad ya had a good time ,,longliner

5. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

Saturday went diving with a friend of mine to Varanger fjord by the Barents sea in Norway. Couple of nice dives 1st 18m 40min, a lot of flounders, an anglerfish and a female lumpsucker which is quite rarely seen by divers. Second one to a shoal shore which used to be good, but most of the kelp was gone (eaten by sea urchins). Some hermit crabs, anemons and sea snails anyways. Visibility were about 20m and the water temp 8 C ..

6. Wynand N

Hello Butch,

Natuurlik stel ek belang - PM my met besonderhede.

Sorry, some private thoughts between Butch and me.
    Butch, we downed the Blesbokke with a silenced triple two with scope. Did not want to damage it with the slingshot:D

7. yipster

yipster designer

making your own beef jerkey? my favorite but like clamchowder its nowhere to get here :(

8. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Bunch of Can kicking...

Hello...

Got drunk - went to the pub with a recent edition of Passagemaker - showed the article on Delfin to a few princesses - realized that boat building is not really understood by the blonde population...:)

BTW - I am stealing that shot of the sun setting - minus the power lines in PS - nice ...

SH.

Attached Files:

9. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

if you were in ohio ,,my power lines could have started that fire in the background

10. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Ja right Wynand, if you shot the right hand one why aren't you on the picture beside it ? You shot all their legs off ?

Ok Philamon. see those two with the short legs ? Bring them. Looks to me more like philamon should get the honors there :D

Wife's birthday, spent on the farm with family in law. 'Sob', I missed you guys so much.

11. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

hey Waynand,,,,you guys dont "gut out" your kills in the field ( wheva ya shoot em) ,,,,,hmmm,,,jus thought bout it,,you guys have like BAD animals that jus wanna eat people dont ya,,,,,they look awful tasty,,hehe :D

EDIT,,,i forgot to add,,i usually work in the oilfields on the weekends,,,heres 1 shot

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      24.8 KB
      Views:
  12. Wynand N

I am a crappy shot:!: Rather than hurting the animal, I let Rudie shoot mine too - he floored them both within 10 seconds flat.

Actually, the legs are deliberately cut off and left for the jackal as he must have his share. Hell Manie, you are a native of the land and should know that my man...Its like the dime under a mast for Neptune, same idea:D

Sean, I shot that photo on the spur of the moment through the closed side window whilst traveling in the pickup truck leaving the farm...

13. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I don't like hunting. At least with fishing you can put the fish back in the water, but if you put the buck in the water nothing happens :rolleyes:

He he... someone told a story the weekend about someone going hunting here recently and shot the farmer's prime? bull. Aparently a bit more expensive than the deer he was supposed to look for, so I guess they're still negotiating the new terms.

Sometimes when one look at a scene like that you think it's so stunning, you want to capture it in your mind forever. I think we do but we don't. Time to get a built-in hard drive ?

That's not all Jim, we have some BAD people that jus wanna eat animals too don't we... Some of the especially the females ,,,,,they look awful tasty,,hehe hooo heee haaa

14. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

Animals? Females? - You mean like this?

Attached Files:

• lion.jpg
      lion.jpg
      File size:
      67.7 KB
      Views:

15. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Awww... that's nothing Trev, check out this *****

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.