I have written a book about wooden boatbuilding and design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by peter radclyffe, Nov 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

Oh well, I'll answer that one for you, Ad Hoc got it, the small deliberate bungle on my part, where I wrote (in post #42)Spanisch’ instead of ‘Spanish. . . ;)

P.S. - That little joke has to be put in context of course with the posts I've quoted there.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  2. Angélique

I won't distract Peter's thread any further, so as long as my buddy doesn't answer seriously to the serious question in post #40, I'll ignore the rest of his nonsense posts on this thread . . o_O

3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

That's true, I agree.

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

It's likely a mostly translation issue here, though writing an elegant, accurate and detailed piece, is a far cry from what is seen on this site and in the vast general public at large (the 99% thing). IMO TANSL's posts are fought with grammatical issues, though to what degree compared to others, I'd hazard not to guess, though do think I'm more understandable for the most part, if only a plug for myself and the other, more technically minded writers here.

5. Angélique

Yes, my buddy writes here with Google translator and doesn't check very often, so he's bungling a lot on language issues, but this is no excuse he bungles a lot on technical issues as well, must be in his nature trying to wear bigger pants than really suits him.

Just an example, from the thread Quick Water Ballast Question ---> Post #15:
    BTW, with a bit of luck I'll get an answer to post #40 within my lifetime, no language issues in the matter at hand there . . :)

Oh well, maybe it's the trying to wear bigger pants than his frame really suits issue there . . . o_O

6. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Probably a good time to close this particular thread at this point so it doesn't attract further jabs. Members who are interested in helping with the book project mentioned in the first post, please contact Peter directly by clicking on his username. Or Peter, please start a new thread on the project as it continues to evolve with a few more details which will hopefully go in a more positive direction. Thanks for your understanding.

peter radclyffe and hoytedow like this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.