I have finished my project

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by Ufling, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Ufling

Ufling Junior Member

Hi all
    Thanks for all the positive feedback :D
    I got some questions about the time used on the project. I don't have the exact time but it is between 700 and 800 hours on the shopfloor including mounting the outboard , steering and electronics.
    Before that I spend 300-400 hours on CAD design. Actually I made 4 designs and two 1:4 scale models before deciding on which boat to build.
    I don't have any boatbuilding education, but have worked as a production manager in the sheet metal business for about 10 years, where laser cutting , bending and welding are the main processes.
    The two books "boat building with aluminum" and "The elements of boat strength" has been a great help on the basic building techniques and strength calculations. The rest were "learning by doing"

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.