Harley 28' cc kelvar w/mercruiser

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by J Quinn, Jun 24, 2018.

1. J Quinn

J Quinn New Member

Morning. Could someone give me any thoughts or pointers. Looking at a 28' center console Harley with 305 ci GM/Mercruiser. It was originally a twin outboard but was professionally repowered prior to the current owner purchasing it. Comes with a tandem axle trailer. Has small cuddy, fore seating, captain's pedestal chairs. Owner is asking 5,500. Not sure if I should pass on it or if it's worth going to check out. Grew up around boats on a lake but this will be my 1st foray (other than my NAVY days) into a salt water boat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

The transom looks like it had a rough repair. Why is it flat gray?

3. J Quinn

J Quinn New Member

Not clue as I haven't gone to see it in person. Those pics are ones in the ad. Wanted to get input before I went so I had some knowledge of what to ask.

4. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Presumably the transom repair dates to the conversion from outboard to sterndrive. I know nothing of the brand, but boy that boat seemingly has a very full bow low down, reckon she'd bog pretty good running with the waves. Or it might be just more of an optical illusion !

5. J Quinn

J Quinn New Member

Here's a side shot of her. She needs a good cleaning and has been out of the water 1 season. She was winterized prior to being pulled.

images.craigslist.org/00g0g_gEwYSxNsG5J_600x450.jpg

6. Kyle Thomas Lankford

Kyle Thomas Lankford New Member

Could you send me a picture of any work you have done to your boat. I just picked one up redoing the floor. Thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.