Hydrostatic in multisurf

Discussion in 'Software' started by haroldaguirre, Jan 9, 2017.

1. haroldaguirre

haroldaguirre New Member

Hello, i'm new using multisurf i want to design a boat and obtain the hydrostatic data, but i don't know how to do it, i design the boat using rule surface but isee that need the view offset to use the hydro component. Also i made the model in solidworks, multisurf have integration with this but this neither work to the offsets view. I don't know much about the offsets and this program so any kind of help will be appreciate. Sorry for my bad english and Thank you very much.:D

2. tspeer

tspeer Senior Member

There's a hydrostatics function in Multisurf that you can call from Excel. Here's some VBA code that will exercise Multisurf's hydrostatics function and bring the data into Excel so you can work with it further:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.