HydroComp Propeller School at Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show

Discussion in 'Education' started by DMacPherson, Sep 27, 2018.

1. DMacPherson

DMacPherson Senior Member

2. DMacPherson

DMacPherson Senior Member

I was asked in another venue to describe what we do in Propeller School, so I thought I would post that reply here.

For a quick snapshot, Propeller School is a half-day seminar that has become one of the best parts of my job. It is an informal, interactive, and fun event, where I get to drill down in the “hidden nature” of propellers. It is not software training or a high-level academic class, but my way of exposing the behavior of propellers AND water so that anyone (with a little appreciation of basic physics) can understand the propellers that are put on their boats or used in their projects.​

Looking forward to our next Propeller School in Ft. Lauderdale next week!

3. Radenpm9

Radenpm9 Junior Member

Interesting topic. Have you recorded and put the seminar online ie. Youtube?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.