hydro plans qu

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by racing fan, Mar 8, 2011.

1. racing fan

racing fan Senior Member

2. racing fan

racing fan Senior Member

any one?????

3. Jimboat

Jimboat Senior Member

What do you mean by "better plans"? The AirMarine is a classic hydro, and a great boat in it's time, but is certainly dated by today's standards.
    Do you mean 'are there better copies of these plans?' OR are there better 3-pt hydro designs today?

4. racing fan

racing fan Senior Member

i know there are better boats today but that's the thing i want to bring back some fast history (i race hydros now) but for a at home lake racer project just for fun idea is there a better set of plans for the same boat (more user friendly plans)

5. Jimboat

Jimboat Senior Member

AirMarine Special

racing fan - the AirMarine Special is a real classic. i don't know of available patterns for this hull. The plans that you referenced are pretty good drawings of building plans, but don't include any patterns. Your project sounds like a great classic lake racer!

6. racing fan

racing fan Senior Member

thanks i will try to use these and some of my boat building friends to build it and run it
    it will be a fun project

7. Jimboat

Jimboat Senior Member

probably a good idea to make yourself a set of full-sized patterns from the plans. it will take you a bit of extra time, but will help you with your build.

8. racing fan

racing fan Senior Member

yea your are right but its worth it for such a great old classic and a 75h racing motor

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.