Hydra sports transom

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Mrgibbs1, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Mrgibbs1

Mrgibbs1 Junior Member

Just picked up my old 86 Hydrasports vector from the person I sold it to years ago ,as a project .it was a great boat. however I know the transom is de laminating on one side it's wet . , there is no flex or cracks but it been wet many years as a result of how the live well fitting was installed. I've drilled the stringers close to the transom and seem to be dry with good color wood . Has anybody know how the cap and sole were put together , I was thinking I could separate the cap with the sides and floor in one piece . But I've never done it before. Or just do the transom from the outside ,I think the splash well is what gives this boat its strength ,so I don't want to just cut that off . I've done glass work but getting it back might be tuff . Any recommendations would be helpful thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Mrgibbs1

Mrgibbs1 Junior Member

Photo

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.