Hybrid Passenger Ferry Designs For Sale / Collabration

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by design_naval, Feb 2, 2016.

1. design_naval

design_naval Junior Member

Hello Mates,

I have developed a couple of designs for the Hybrid (Diesel/Electric/Solar) passenger ferry vessel.Please see a sample blue print of the General Arrangement of a 55 ft passenger ferry.

Thanking you

Robert

Attached Files:

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

You should try to improve some aspects before trying to sell the GA. If you want some advice, which I know you did not ask, do not hesitate to ask.

3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I see you've modified the design slightly, following some of my suggestions. But believe me, it is not enough yet.
    Most importantly, as one can see, it is the ballast water. I do not know why you consider it necessary.

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

What class did you design to?

5. vkstratis

vkstratis Naval Architect

You will definitely need an extra crew WC. Check the ILO/MLC. What about sewage tank?

6. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

......... and WC suitable for disabled people, and so much more. In short, knowing something of passenger vessels. It is not enough to draw things that resemble ships.

7. JSL

JSL Senior Member

I second that: this is probably okay for an initial concept sketch but needs a lot of work.

8. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Even an "initial concept sketch" should take into account the heights should allow a person to stand with some slack to the ceiling. The deck railing must be, at least, minimum of 1 m height and many other things. You can not take fresh water in the forepeak (I think is forbiden).
    The problem here is not that the OP has no idea, but he is so satisfied with his project that intends to sell it.
    I wonder, does the profession of naval designer worth so little that anyone can try to sell designs?

9. vkstratis

vkstratis Naval Architect

the case that someone sells something does not automatically imply that someone buys... Everyone lives for his/hers dreams, don't be cruel :)

10. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

vkstratis, simply, I love my job and it hurts what I believe is a contempt for it.
    I am not cruel, on the contrary, from the first moment I offered the OP my help and through private messages, not to embarrass him in public, I have advised a number of issues.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.