Hurth V-Drives

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by SeaBuzz, Nov 2, 2004.

1. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Syntetic oil has better corrosion protection than petroleum oil. One of its advantages is that it doesn't emulsifiy easily. Volvo uses syntetic oil in marine, industrial and automotive engines. So does GM, Caterpillar and many others. Where do you get the facts to compare oils from? I read the manufacturers data. If it was true what you say about syntetics it would void the warranty. However, it doesn't. All studies show that syntetic is superior in every respect.

2. SeaBuzz

SeaBuzz Junior Member

Ladylove, I haven't heard from Hurth either. If you do let us know.

I'll be going in March 7th. I think I'll try it ??

3. LADYLOVE

LADYLOVE Junior Member

SYNTHETIC FLUID vs. HURTH TRANS

SeaBuzz: will let you know if I receive any comments from Hurth regarding synthetic fluid. I probably will also change over to syn on my second fluid change. Drop me a note at the end of the season on whether you noticed a change if you decide to use such. Wm.