CENIT... Rapid Sailboat Design

Discussion in 'Software' started by CmbtntDzgnr, Jul 31, 2012.

1. CmbtntDzgnr

CmbtntDzgnr Senior Member

I just stumbled upon this only a few minutes ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-mseARclU0&feature=related

I did a cursory search on cenit in bd.n in the software and in the sailboats forums. No matches returned.

This is quoted from the youtube clip:

"CENIT Naval Architect integrates a complete set of functions to cover the most advanced requirements for weight evolution management and (preliminary-) hydrostatic analysis in CATIA. CENIT Naval Architect and CATIA provide a breakthrough end-to-end solution that streamlines the boat design and engineering process to fully enable the naval architecture design spiral from hull form modelling up to the automatic generation of hydrostatic and stability reports."

Enjoy!

2. smp

smp Junior Member

Surprising Advanced Hydrostatic Analysis clip !

Confusing...

The Advanced Hydrostatic Analysis clip (t= 3'51" -> t=4'27") comes from an obsolete demo version of MAAT Hydro (see www.sistre.eu) !

? :confused: ?

3. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Citing a famous (in my young days) rap song by Public Enemy - Don't Believe the Hype. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK8sxngSWaU ;)

It does look pretty fast workflow in the video, but the guy has evidently used a previously created parametric components of the boat, plus had to input the weights manually. There is nothing new in that video, or at least no features I could see that are not part of other similar 3D modelling software with hydrostatic analysis features.

4. quequen

quequen Senior Member

Last news come from 2009, this could be a discontinued project...

CENIT AG Press Contact:

Jasmin Laser
    Tel.: +49 711 7825-3373
    E-Mail: j.laser@cenit.de

On CATIA, the best (and more expensive) option still seems to be "CATIA for Yacht"

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.