Help to progress an probabilistic damage stability analysis

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pedro_VB, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Pedro_VB

Pedro_VB New Member

Hi !

I'm Pedro and I'm from Brazil.

I'm graduating at Marine Engineering at UFRJ (federal university of Rio de Janeiro) and I'm projecting a bulk carrier for study/academic purpose.

Then I have to run an probabilistic damage stability analysis but I have no softaware (Neither Maxsurf v.15 nor extension for Delftship).

Is there an easy way to do this analysis? Or a free software that I could download?

What I've done so far about this project is uploaded if ypu want to check. It's in Portuguese-brazillian:
    http://www.oceanica.ufrj.br/deno/pr...tavo Rocha_Pedro_Vilas_ Boas/relat1/Frame.htm

Or if there's no software out there, someone that has maxsurf 15 could run this analysis for me?

I already modeled the ship at Maxsurf but there isn't probabilistic analysis in the previous versions.

Thank you,
    Pedro

2. formsys

formsys formsys

Have your professor contact us at FormSys about getting a copy of Hydromax for your computer lab.

3. hellojaby

hellojaby Junior Member

U Can use MAXSURF DEMO Download on Websit

4. klaas

klaas Junior Member

The easiest way is indeed to contact Formsys and order an (education) copy of hydromax. The same can be done for Delftship, but in that case you have to spend some time on rebuilding you model.

Furthermore, the formsys website provides webinars in which the damage analysis is explained.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.