HullDrag/32 revisited - invitation to propose extensions

Discussion in 'Software' started by h_zwakenberg, Nov 5, 2005.

1. h_zwakenberg

h_zwakenberg HullDrag/32 programmer

Hi Group,

this is my first post here, so please bear with me... :)

After a long, long time away from extending my HullDrag/32 hull resistance calculation software, I'm finally in a position to take up this project again and go forward with it.

This is what I'm currently planning to do or what I've done already:
    - implementing the latest Delft polynomials for residual resistance. (actually almost done...)
    - integrating everything in a Windows graphical user interface / GUI - no more exporting to Excel to create graphs.
    - In addition to optimizing LCB and Cp, LCF can also be optimized for a user specified Fn (=speed).

HullDrag/32 will remain to exist as a freeware downloadable binary. Please check out the link in my signature for the current version of HullDrag/32.

My request to this group is the following:

Since I'm in a position to extend this software beyond what I specified above, I invite you all to propose further extensions. Bear in mind, that future HullDrag/32 releases are restricted to hull resistance calculation, so there's no point to ask for a complete VPP...

cheers,

Hans

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.