Hull-Speed increased by Maritime Surface-Effect

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by AmnonMikeCohen, Feb 25, 2008.

1. StianM

StianM Senior Member

To be honest I have no idea what I see in those pictures.
    it could be a drawing on a napkin for all I know since it's so tiny and bad quality.

I could easily reproduce those pictures.
    1. run a boat at 20kn and have my girlfriend take a picture of me driving by the beach with her 5 year old camera phone.
    2. run the same boat at 30kn having my picture taken with the same crap camera.

Sometime people come with a bible on my door telling me about internal life and so on while holding the prof in the hand. My 89yo grandmother only wanted to be left to rest and I gues myself will the same one day so I rather rotten than suffer a internal life and a 2000yo story book is not considered prof for me so I ask them to get lost.
    What I do believe in is electricity since I felt the 230vac quite good here the other day, no way denying that.

So why do I start talking this nonsense? Did anyone feel enlighten by reading my post? Can't be worse than any other post in this thread can it?

2. AmnonMikeCohen

AmnonMikeCohen Inventor

Thank you for some good questions I can answer.

Here are my answers, added into your original questions

3. AmnonMikeCohen

AmnonMikeCohen Inventor

Sorry you had to have a 230V shock help you believe in the power of Electricity.

But my sought investor or partner will have the experience of flying and to be a believer in what I show in pictures you think you can produce and my words I assume you can not believe in or see as truth.
    It is true, that many here have such less happy life then I have, as an honest and successful inventor and as a good human-being - and this has caused me some sorrow in the past, but I am not expecting much trust from this readership, although I can think of 3 good replies from more then 30 bad ones, as well as hundreds or thousands of readers who never even seen or never bothered to share what they think about new advanced technologies in such old industry which claims it has already developed all that can be developed.

I hope your recovery from the shock has made you stronger and more careful, as it is not much fun and can actually kill - so you know, you are lucky, and hope you have thanked your creator...

4. StianM

StianM Senior Member

I thanked my mom and dad many times. They could after all just let me become a wet stain on the sheets.

But back to your GREAT invention.
    Air filled rubber tires did not use 10 years from experimental stage and into comercial use even the benefitt from solid rubber was not as great as your claimed benefits ower regular boats, but your still strugling alone with it.

For me and other it apear your selling snake oil and for good reasons.
    There is some talk about fins and water lubrication but to my knowledge both foils and lubrication by air and water is done 1/2 century ago.

To be quite honest I would recomend any investor of puting he's money in a swiss or cayman bank long befour investing in your project and I would no feel sorry for you a single second.

You provide no info with value and you then go and call everybody else idiots for not beliving in you.

I got a diesel engine in my garadge that have 60% efficency and I will lett you my friend have it for only 100000USD. it has some now cylinder coating tecnolegy and you have my word for it that it works. I can prove it by showing you a picture of a old cummings.

5. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

"...by marine propulsion .."
    So you mean by a propeller or waterjet of sorts?

"....but is lifted by the invented fins to fly on top of the water.."
    Ahh...so it is a foil assisted vessel.

6. StianM

StianM Senior Member

[​IMG]

I did see some tests a few years ago in a boat magazine here.
    It did not work weel on full speed since the foil lost the low preshure over the foil once it came too close to the surface.

7. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

StianM

Yes, foils work best at a constant depth. Smaller vessel especially monohulls this is hard to 'control', hence the claims on larger more 'stable' vessels do not translate well. On smaller catamarans though it is fine, but the foil needs to be deeper than normal (which can be a show stopper on small vessels), as on a vessel i know in the US works very well with foil assistance.

8. masalai

masalai masalai

Or do the foils behave like wings and the vessel floats on air (like a plane) in surface effect mode?

9. StianM

StianM Senior Member

I think they experienced a bumpy ride. boat was lifted by the foil and once up the pressure over the foil is lost and it sinks, builds up and rise and so on. Could probably work well if microprocessor controlled so the pitch is reduced when pressure over the foil rise.

10. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

"...boat was lifted by the foil and once up the pressure over the foil is lost and it sinks.."
    That's why i was saying to prevent this, the foil needs to be deeper than 'usual' when static. Not everyone can accommodate this compromise.

11. apex1

apex1 Guest

Congratulations Mr. President! (of the superior hulls inc.):D :D :D
    it is always nice to hear that someone has a good life. Especially if he otherwise has nothing to provide than talking in platitudes.:p

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.