Wally 118...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

This to me is a very sexy object of desire - I like it - I mean - not your average plastic white bathtub with decks...

It gives me hope that we are moving in good if not interesting directions - or that at least some people are willing to crack the mold and glue it back together into something very different...

This is about the only boat that sat my wife down and had her going through all the interior shots saying yup..

http://www.wally.com/default.asp?bflash=1

Yup...

Attached Files:

2. fcfc

fcfc Guest

25M$ and 1000 gph: Nah, I prefer to stay in my white bathtub ...

3. Johannes Pinl

Johannes Pinl New Member

Well the 118 has its problems with the enormous fuel consummation and the "slightly" high priced tag. But have you already seen the plans for the new Wallypower 88 :D Now lets start saving money, till the year 2218 I will have the money together :)

4. Sean Herron

Money makes money...

Hello...

Plus this thing cruises on twin diesels and only kicks in the turbines when going WOT (wide open throttle)...

I can consume as much as I want if I want to go booming at full bore - but I don't - neither does this beast...

Imagine hitting a 22 footer with no radar reflector at 66 knots...

Imagine serving Gin and Tonics at 66 knots - it is the top of the scale and represents the ultimate capabilities with all 'locked down'- it does not reflect the 'cruise' with the windscreens up - the stereo on - and the galley in full order...

Consider the 'cruise' - and Wally has - it is top notch for a 118 footer deep vee (which is unheard of to begin with)...

OK time to think about - ah - ah - things...

Also for onboard systems and for what this 'boat' is capable of - 20 odd million is dirt cheap for those who buy premium dirt - Wally has hit the world with this yacht on all fronts - this is my opinion - and I am only a Sean...

http://www.boatdesign.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2345/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

SH.

5. dvgale

dvgale Boats_4_People

Wally 118 was nominated for a Superyacht Society Design Award (Best Power 32 Meters - 43 Meters) given annually during the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show.

She did not win.

New Zealand Yachts' Spirit 33 Wavepiercer won.

She can be viewed and drooled over at:

http://www.newzealandyachts.com/index2.html

Don

6. RThompson

RThompson Guest

Yes, Wally has a way of going somewhere new. Avante garde you might say...

When Genie of The Lamp (Wally 80) was launched way back she brought with her a new and different style/perspective on big sailboats. after a few years other high performance production cruising yachts started looking quite similiar.
    Maybe that was the direction of development anyway, Bassani just got there sooner...

Wally powerboats are very different. I have heard several knee-jerk exclamations "my god, what a monstrosity!" (same was said of "Genie") But then the clean cut and refreshing shapes start to appeal.
    Sean said "some people are willing to crack the mold..."
    I would say chuck the mold out and start completely anew.
    The way Wally go about doing things I doubt there will be hundreds of these boats. But I would be surprised if some production boats didn't take on the design cue's over the next few years.
    Yeah, I'd deign to have one (but only as a tender for my Dragon...) :p

Rob

7. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Ah Sean I thought you had more taste than to lust after a Colombia drug Barons delight.

The people who can afford such extravagence generally get their $$$ doing things that mothers wouldn't approve of.

I'll go with RThompson with his tender proposal.

8. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

I'm with you Rob.... have you looked at the interior of the new Azimut 68's....perhaps not quite as avante garde, but plenty of straight lines and sharp (shin bruising) corners....

9. Guest

Guest Guest

10. Sean Herron

Yeah but...

I don't consider this to be lusting after anything to do with those unsavouries - nor do I consider it lust - I don't lust much anymore to begin with - my knees hurt...

I just appreciate not seeing another glitzed up downtown mall interior wedding cake with as many exposed tenders and toys as possible yacht...

I am the kind of person who would have another of Phillip Johnsons glass houses built for my wife or perhaps the Farnsworth house by Van Der Rohe...

It's just a choice and response to design and difference - or its just me and the sauce...

I have to put many a thing to the sauce... :)

Right then - I stand fast holding on to nothing - so there...

I get the tricycle train at recess - I said it first... :)

SH.

Attached Files:

11. simonB

simonB Junior Member

Lunch Boat - The new Wally 67' Power

While you save money for the Wallypower 88', the new 67' "lunch" version :eek: has jut been arrived in St.Tropez...

...waiting for some decent pix in the official site wally.com...

Simon

Attached Files:

• aa.jpg
      aa.jpg
      File size:
      9.3 KB
      Views:
    • aa1.jpg
      aa1.jpg
      File size:
      10.8 KB
      Views:
    • aa3.jpg
      aa3.jpg
      File size:
      9.8 KB
      Views:
    • aa7.jpg
      aa7.jpg
      File size:
      8.8 KB
      Views:

12. water addict

water addict Naval Architect

Admit it everybody-
    If you had enough money to be super-self-indulgent, you'd get the Wally.