MOSES and OrcaFlex

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hamish_A, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Hamish_A

Hamish_A Member

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is using MOSES to generate the hydrodynamics data required for import into OrcaFlex?

I am new to both of the packages and I am trying to put together a personal 'how to' guide for this process. This will hopefully include all the commands for MOSES through to the mark ups for the Text File for import into OrcaFlex.

Has anyone done this already or feel like offering their opinion on the matter??

2. c.jack.sparrow

c.jack.sparrow Junior Member

Hi Hamish,

I am not really sure about the package MOSES. Never heard of it.
    I generally use the inbuilt RAO's from orcaflex and I have some RAO's I need. But i did read in other places about people using AQWA to generate RAO's.

I am not sure how this can be done, but would also like to get an answer as to how to generate RAO's for Orcaflex.
    Perhaps the Orcina support can help.

Good luck.

3. premshankar

premshankar Junior Member

Hi Hamish

What hydrodynamic data do you want to generate in MOSES? Is it RAO's? I am a user of MOSES, though I don't use Orcaflex.

4. Kiarash

Kiarash New Member

dear premshankar,

I am a beginner in MOSES, I have surfed the net but I couldn't find any tutorial or step by step guidance for the package, I was wondering if you let me know where can I find any of them?

thanks

5. NavalSArtichoke

NavalSArtichoke Senior Member

MOSES has now been acquired by Bentley Systems, Inc.

There isn't a tutorial as such, because MOSES is a very comprehensive package of hydrostatic, hydrodynamic, structural, and mooring calculation modules.

You can find a manual and some sample modelling input and output runs here:

http://bentley.ultramarine.com/index.htm

6. Dr34m3r

Dr34m3r Senior Member

As NavalSArtichoke said, you can also send email to them for more information . they are quick in response. I have moses , but can not share , as its not freeware software.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.