Hull Designer Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by gtevault, Sep 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. gtevault

gtevault New Member

I've been trying to make sense of Hulls 1.91 but have totally failed. I can't find a manual so I'm using the "Alternative Tutorial" which mentions an offset table but I can't bring it up; I get an explanation of the X, Y, and Z coordinates instead. I would also like to print cross sections but can't find a way to print. Does Hull zoom in and out? Pan?
    These are only a few of my questions! Can someone help me out here?

Grant

2. mick_allen

mick_allen -

Out of curiosity I also downloaded 1.91 to see if it even worked.

Most of it seems correct, but with 10 or 15 mins fooling around the offset display doesn't display at all and the nesting doesn't display any panels. The manual 'HULLS.pdf' was part of the zip file and 'Hulls Format.txt' [part of the zipfile also] is an additional useful preliminary read. 3d view can be twirled horiz and vert by the arrow keys. Zooming in and out is in the manual [click and drag right mousekey], and printing is the save tab [hpgl file].
    But if you, like me, cannot get the panel output or the offset display to work it might be a minor thing IF you can get the dxf output to work. Then output that into acad-like software [say draftsight] and print from there which WILL work and you can control the layout as well.

But you've spent some time so far - so look around in the videos or elsewhere on the web a little bit more and then possibly move to another free package. And maybe someone else can comment further.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.