hull interactions efficiency

Discussion in 'Props' started by ikh_one86, Aug 23, 2010.

1. ikh_one86

ikh_one86 New Member

i would like to ask, does any one know what is the value for hull efficiency for high seed vessel? i would like to predicted in order to design propulsion system for high speed vessel.

2. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

For a high speed vessel, it should be just under 1 if you arranged the hull and propeller right.

eta(h) = (1-t)/(1-w) in Taylor notation where t is the thrust deduction factor and w is the wake fraction. Unlike a moderate speed vessel which can have eta(h) over 1.0, a high speed (semi-planing) vessel will have t larger than w so will always be less than 1.0.

3. ikh_one86

ikh_one86 New Member

thanks jehardimen.. anothe question is, where can i have Wageningen which cover for 5 blade of propeller.

4. Olav

Olav naval architect

Wageningen B-Series Open Water Curves

ihk_one86,

you might want to check this out: Wageningen B-Series Propeller Charts

This PDF contains curves plotting KT, KQ, and η0 as a function of J as well as the polynomials derived from tank measurements to express the open water characteristics of Wageningen propellers with 2 to 7 blades and various P/D.

Hope this helps.

Edit: There's also a publication by Peter van Oossanen and M. W. C. Oosterveld: Further Computer Analysed Data of the Wageningen B-Screw Series from 1975.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.