Hull Fairing Software

Discussion in 'Software' started by tallen, Jul 8, 2007.

1. tallen

tallen Junior Member

Hello, I am a starting Naval Architect and I am interested to know what software other designers prefer for hull fairing and design. I have played around with a few programs and all seem to have good and bad parts but I have noticed that all of the ones i have tried seem to be poor at hull fairing.

So I would appreciate it if all of you could chime in about what program you think allows for the best hull design and the easiest fairing. Other features like structural design isnt important right now since most of the designs I am looking to do are conceptual (might want to later put the model into a CFD program though). Thank you for your help.

2. CGN

CGN Senior Member

Check the two polls at the top of the forum that will give you and idea of what is most used or recommended by forum visitors.

Read the posts, there is a lot of comments related to your question (probably most asked)

For me, DelftShip and Maxsurf (hull modeling) and rhino or Viacad for everything else.

cheers

3. tallen

tallen Junior Member

Yea i had checked the two polls but those polls refered to the program as a whole and not specifically for hull fairing. Since I am looking at the conceptual design many of the other features do not interest me at the current time.

4. CGN

CGN Senior Member

Those listed on the poll are the ones used

5. ludesign

ludesign Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.