Importing into Freeship

Discussion in 'Software' started by LP, Oct 14, 2005.

1. LP

LP Flying Boatman

Has anyone import a surface set into freeship successfully? I've created the text file and it them in, but it was out of scale and somewhat randomized about the basic hull shape. The randomization could be related to having an inconsistent number of control points from station to station, but the scale problem is purplexing. Also, the Waterline, Buttline and Stationline icons aren't available with the Files/Import/Surface...

2. jamac

jamac Junior Member

To get the icons activated you have to add the stations using Calculations/Intersections. Then right click on the list and add locations you wish your cutting planes to be.

Go through the manual to really find out how the software works best.

Cheers

JA

3. Martijn_vE

Martijn_vE Marine software developer

If you're having trouble importing a surface in FREE!ship, please send the file containing the offsets to info@freeship.org so I can have a look and try to help you.

Marven

4. LP

LP Flying Boatman

Thank you so very much for your input. My eyes tend to glaze over when reading software manuals so I must have missed that little tidbit of information. It's a nice little revelation since the default station locations are odd and now I know how to put them where I want them. I should just start using meters.

5. LP

LP Flying Boatman

Consider it done. Thanks:p

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.