OpenFoam - tutorial for boats

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ralph M, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Ralph M

Ralph M New Member

All;

I'm trying to get familiar with the open source package OpenFoam. Has anyone experience with this program and suggestions for me about boundary conditions, type of solvers (I guess simpleFoam for problems w/o free surface and interfoam with free surface) and how to treat meshes?

I'm looking forward for a tutorial but these are hard to find; especially when concerning boats and free surfaces. Any help is appreciated; thanks!

2. fastwave

fastwave Senior Member

I would also check cfd-online.com

1 person likes this.
  3. Ralph M

Ralph M New Member

Yes, I was working on that. The problem is that they have a lot of topics on how to get started with OpenFoam and they have a lot of topics for the more advanced user.

Because I want to simulate yacht I thought I might post my question over here :rolleyes:

4. fastwave

fastwave Senior Member

5. Ralph M

Ralph M New Member

Then you've had better search criteria than I've had! Thanks for the link and your 2 minutes of valuable time :)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.