Hull design Mods

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by ChuckShaw, Feb 7, 2003.

1. ChuckShaw

ChuckShaw New Member

I am interested in an H.I. Chapelle design of a 21 foot fisherman's launch, but I want to increase the beam 10%, change the rake of the bow, and increase the freeboard from amidship to the stem. Is there a recommended software package to help me do this or a recommended manual method? I would love to take the original General Table and produce a new one with the desired mods. This is a round hull design that I plan to stip build.
    Thanks

Chuck Shaw

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

It is easy to do manually. Set up your lofting table and mark the points for the original offsets. Change the profile to a higher freeboard and more rake at the bow. Then increase the beam at sheerline. Now you have to start going back and forth between the waterlines and the sections. A diagonal or two will help in the fairing. I live in Milwaukee and can do the job for you if it interests you. It would include lofted lines with all sections full size.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.