Brilliant 41 project - asking for feedback

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by tilljoel, Apr 28, 2019.

1. tilljoel

tilljoel New Member

Hi everyone,

My first post here, but I've spent countless nights reading every post in the awesome stability-threads on this forum.

After reading some books recommended in this forum and started designing a few sailing boats - I've come to the conclusion that I probably do not have enough time to build and design my own blue water sailing boat. The second option is to modify or finish someone abandoned project to save some time.

Currently looking into this project, a Brilliant 41 designed by Knud Reimers.

Brilliant 41 Sailboat for sale in Sweden | Boatshop24 https://www.boatshop24.com/en/-brilliant-41/Sailboat/1265583

1) I'm trying to estimate the cost to buy all the remaining gear, are you aware of anyone who have made a cost-breakdown for a similar style build in spreadsheet or similar?

2) For you that have built glass-fiber boats, what is your opinion on this build?

Best, Joel

2. Ashantha Peiris

Ashantha Peiris New Member

Hello Mr Tilljoel
    We Would Like to help your Sailboat Design and Construction Project. We are qualified design and Manufacturing team in FRP Boat Construction.
    Please Email to us for more details
    ashanthapeiris.design@gmail.com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.