Hull contour to suit Water Jet

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by navarch_hish, Jul 27, 2006.

1. navarch_hish

navarch_hish Junior Member

I am designing a catamaran and i want to know how to design the aft section of the hull closer to the water jet suction side. i have seen in many designs that the hull controur rises up from the usualy base line to a higher postion as it approaches the water jet suction. Could some one suggest me, about how to go about designing that section of the hull.

Any criteria, any cross sectional area requirements??
    Are there any charts which give details of the contour variation??

2. hmattos

hmattos Senior Member

3. LEASEGUY

LEASEGUY Junior Member

intake hump

you would think that any deviation from a flat surface before the intake would
    cause cavitation of some type especially at 50 or 60 mph, apparently looking at seadoos 6cly jet they have found that magic formula that actually charges the jet intake with fast upward moving dense water. I would closely follow this design on you project as you are probably working with a lower speed anyway which would be more forgiving cavitation wise. keep us posted

4. RANCHI OTTO

RANCHI OTTO Naval Architect

The rise of the bottom is designed to get easier water intake in the water ducts increasing the long. dynamic trim angle.
    It is also important to stop the spray strips well before the ducts in order to avoid turbulances. The bottom in this area has to be as flat as possible.

5. Amador

Amador Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.