Macnoughton Yacht Design School

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by zdesign, Apr 19, 2005.

1. zdesign

zdesign Junior Member

I just recently enrolled in the MacNoughton Yacht Design School out of Eastport Maine. I was wondering if anyone has heard of any work by MacNaughton graduates or any info on the program.

Also, I was wondering if anyone who posts or reads posts is from the Cincinnati area of Ohio, Northern Kentucky or Eastern Indiana that would like to study together and perhaps look into a design firm partnership.

Thanks,
    Z. Green

zgreen922@yahoo.com

2. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Just enrolled too, looks like fun. Can't help you with study partner, I live too far away
    Good luck
    Steve

3. zdesign

zdesign Junior Member

Glad to see someone else is in it! It does look like fun doesn't it? Where are you from? How far have you gotten?
    -Z

4. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Just got my first lessons today but I started to read some of the books quite a while ago. I live on the western border of Iowa, about 900-1000 miles from you, on the missouri river.

Steve

5. SplineWeights

SplineWeights Junior Member

Your gonna need spline weights

You will need a set of spline weights. You can check mine out at www.splineweights.com. The Duck goes for 10.50 and the Whale for 16.50. That's alot less than MacNaughton's.

6. JMill

JMill New Member

Im looking to get into a design school also. I was just wondering if you had any sugestions on what I should do coming out of high school.

7. zdesign

zdesign Junior Member

I found quite a few resources on the internet. Are you considering a 4 year college or an actual design school. I went to a college and didn't find what I was looking for in boat design. A few places to check out though are...
    -The Webb Institute
    -State University of New York
    -Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale

-The Landing School
    -The MacNaughton Group

If you'd like, email me with anymore questions. I can assume a lot of people have contacted you already about design school though.

Zack
    zgreen922@yahoo.com

8. zdesign

zdesign Junior Member

here's a not so no school to the industry but one I just found and may be considering
    -The Westlawn Institute

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.